BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, September 19, 2010

{ A second Blanket with Arms }

Here is the second one I made. She picked out the yarn she wanted. I will admit though, I am not a fan of this yarn. I don't think I would buy it again. It is Phentex Worsted from Michael's. I think it is sold at other stores as well. I just am not a fan of this brand. It had a lot of flaws in the wool itself and I am not a fan of the overall final pattern. I am currently working with another yarn for another project and MUCH happier with it. However, I can not wait to make one for me. These are just too cozy! Alas, I have other projects on the go right now and looks like I will be making another blanket with arms...or two...for Christmas presents. So, looks like I will have to wait a bit longer for mine. ;0)






2 comments:

Diana Jiron Graff said...

oh wow... that looks so cozy! and now THAT takes dedication.. htat must have taken you hours to do!!! I love doing hats and small amigurumi's because I can be done in two nights top! but this would take me weeks!

beautiful work! my kids would love that!

Maria said...

Hey girl. . .it's been a while! How are you! I love your afghans! They're beautiful! I'm working on one right now. . .a snowflake afghan, my very first one . . funny, I had to choose a pattern that was a little bit advanced for a newbie like me! LOL! But, it's coming along. I can't wait until I'm done with it. . .I haven't really been able to crochet anything else. . :)

I read your post about no mojo for paper crafting. . I kinda started to feel that way over 6 months ago. . .just got tired of it. I learned to crochet and it's a great alternative. . funny but having different hobbies have gotten me out of the "boredom" of creating the same ole' stuff all the time.

Anyway. . .keep up the great work with your crochet projects!!

Maria